Adventure With A Local: Half Circle Island Tour by Jeep
4 hr, 30 min
This tour is a great day for the whole family to enjoy, your guide will be introducing you to the island in a very local way.
Here’s a little more about where you're going during this Half Circle Island Tour (there are some secret destinations also not published):
• Hanauma Bay: View the clearest waters of Oahu’s marine sanctuary, your guide will explain this natural wonder and the marine life that inhabit this very special place on Oahu giving you a great opportunity to get some beautiful pictures.
• Lanai Look Out: With stunning views of the waves and coastline, this lookout is named for one of the islands you can see during a clear morning. If on a clear day you will be able to see Maui, Molokai and even the Big Island when you walk down the lookout safely with your Guide.
• Halona Cove & Blow Hole: This natural water feature is amazing to witness. Seawater is pushed up through a lava tube in the volcanic rock and shoots into the air like a geyser. This is best viewed during high tide and windy weather, but is a beautiful lookout spot as many Movies like 50 First Dates and the Lost TV Series had been filmed at Halona Cove.
• Makapuu Lookout: Enjoy gorgeous views of Oahu’s East shore here, including Rabbit Island and the Mokulua Islands. This lookout is ideal for whale watching during the winter months and gives a great perspective of the war preparation with Military Pillboxes that line the mountain side which you and your guide will explore.
• Waimanalo Beach: Another gorgeous slice of paradise, Waimanalo Beach stretches for miles and has calm turquoise waters to refresh in. This area is a great respite from the crowds of Waikiki, so relax and unwind here on Oahu’s east side
We pick up from all hotels in Oahu.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Best tour of our vacation!!!! Glenn, our your guide, was phenomenal. He made our experience very awe-inspiring and answered all of the questions we had regarding the history of Hawaii. I now know that I did not stay on the island of Maui!!! Lol
This was a great jeep ride are guide was very invested in what he was doing and made it fun I would recommend this as a must do item on your trip. This was a great jeep ride are guide was very invested in what he was doing and made it fun I would recommend this as a must do item on your trip. This was a great jeep ride are guide was very invested in what he was doing and made it fun I would recommend this as a must do item on your trip.
Very nice and private tour. Local guide knew all the spots that normal tours don't go to. Places had very little tourists and the tour guide allow us to take as much time as we wanted to spend during the stops. Highly recommended.
Guide was fine, but operator lost track of our reservation. So we started late and were crammed into Jeep with two others. Since we stayed on highways, don't see what a Jeep added to the experience.
Having been to Oahu several times, we were looking for something different. Adventure with a Local was stellar selection, an opportunity to see behind the scenes of our tropical 50th state. Our guide, Cameron, was on-time exactly where we were told to meet. The description of the tour is one of small groups. My wife and I were the small group it does not get more personal. Working our way counterclockwise, we saw some of the must see sights included on other larger group tours, but with a local flavor including the back stories that cannot be accomplished with a large group. We could customize the tour on the fly, visiting some of the more secluded beaches, television locales, and even a few myths or two. It was an enjoyable half day excursion without the obligatory stop at the glitzy trinket stores. This was a chance to see the real Hawaii.