The Pyramids of Ancient Cairo- Pyramids, Memphis & Sakkara + lunch
Route Duration: 8 hours
- Mit Rahinah - You will be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Cairo. Accompanied by a guide to the ancient capital city of Memphis the city was founded by the pharaoh Menes, capital of Egypt during the Old Kingdom located about 24 kilometers south of Cairo. Though little remains of this pharaonic city, the open air museum here is worth a...
Route Duration: 8 hours
- Mit Rahinah - You will be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Cairo. Accompanied by a guide to the ancient capital city of Memphis the city was founded by the pharaoh Menes, capital of Egypt during the Old Kingdom located about 24 kilometers south of Cairo. Though little remains of this pharaonic city, the open air museum here is worth a visit. See the huge fallen image of Ramesses II at the museum. Founded around 3,100 BC, Memphis is the legendary city of Menes, the king who united Upper and Lower Egypt.
- Pyramid of Djoser - Continue to Sakkara, the most ancient burial ground in Egypt. It is situated on a desert plateau crowned by Zoser step pyramid and its funerary complex including temples and tombs. It is the most ancient stone building in the world. Take a trip to the pyramid of Unas, the Serapeum and Mastabas, also known as the tombs of Nobles. The most famous of which is the tomb of Ptah Hotep, the tomb of Kagemni and the tomb of Mereruka.
- The Pyramids Of Giza - trip to the pyramids of Giza, where rise Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinu’s the three pyramids, by the mysterious Sphinx guarded them. With the body of a lion and a human head. Giza became the royal burial place for Memphis. About five thousand years ago, in the 4th dynasty of Egypt’s Old Kingdom Giza, three pyramids and the Sphinx were constructed. About 2,500 BC, King Khufu commissioned the building of his tomb at Giza, he was the second pharaoh of the fourth dynasty. To build Khufu’s pyramid, they used over 2 million blocks of stone, and they used in the ceiling of Khufu’s burial chamber, the heaviest blocks. The next in the royal line was Khufu’s who commissioned the building of his own pyramid complex which includes the Sphinx. After your tour of the pyramids of Giza, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Cairo.
Step Pyramid of Djoser / Pyramids of Giza
Operates: 08.00 Am start tour of Memphis, Sakkara & Pyramids
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less