Goa City Tour from Pier
What the tour covers: The tour includes the following:
• A drive to the top of a hill for a panoramic view of Goa. Here, our guides will show you the layout of the land, highlighting the rivers, islands, transport systems, and providing an overview of life in Goa.
• A visit to the churches of Old Goa, the "Rome of the East", which was the administrative seat of the Portuguese. We will visit Se Cathedral (the seat of the Archbishop of Goa), and the Basilica of Bom Jesus which contains the body of Saint Francis Xavier, the Jesuit missionary who was canonised in 1622.
• A brief walk through the heritage district of Fontainhas – this is a residential area, the Latin quarter of Panjim where the traditional colourful houses of the Catholic and Hindu community are still preserved. Here you will see the original fountain after which the area was named.
• Bazaar walk through the bustling Panjim fish and vegetable market – this is a large colourful market where you can see all sorts of interesting things on offer, including household wares, spices, fish, meat, vegetables and many other goods. It's a great way to see daily life in Goa!
• A visit to a Hindu temple to see the local architectural styles and prayer rituals
Return DetailsCRUISE TERMINAL
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is formal
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
WE booked the city tour online which did not include the Spice Plantation or the Beach since we have two participants with difficulty walking on uneven surfaces . Upon arrival at the pier, we were told that the only two choices were city tour and beach or city tour and spice plantation. We were told that our tour would include everything on the city tour we had booked plus the spice plantation. We really did not want the Spice Plantation But since we had no other option we went. It was one hour to the Spice Plantation, one hour for lunch (which we did not want not did we eat) and one hour back to the pier. Additionally, the city tour did not cover two of the listed activities that we were promised. The tour guide was nice but this was not the tour we wanted or paid for.
We have taken several tours thru Viator in the past which we throughly enjoyed. I’m sorry to say that this tour was almost boring. The guide seemed unsure of what to do or where to go. There was no plan. No admission fees, no water. We had to suggest sights to see. It acted as more of a private transfer then a tour.
Picked up from the port taken to the Latin quarter then on to old Goa to see the two big churches which was really interesting we then went to a spice plantation and had a tour explaining all about the different fruits and spices followed by a very nice meal and drink we finished off visiting a temple on the way back to port.The guide was friendly and informative we enjoyed the tour