Bled: Black Hole Kayaking
Upon reaching the underground water, row in your sit-on-top...
Upon reaching the underground water, row in your sit-on-top kayaking through passages and galleries. Spend four hours in the mine and enjoy the mix of dynamic activities, with a bit of both hiking and paddling. Illuminate your way with glowing headlamps, the only source of light in the mine. All the dry suits, boots, life vests, helmets, and lights are provided.
At the conclusion of your tour, you will be returned to your Bled hotel.
Traveler pickup is offered
Please give our driver +/- 10 min or so, due to multiple pick-up locations.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick-up / departure time can vary in the morning and can happen earlier. All guests will be notified about exact time of departure one day before the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking. A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A current valid passport or EU personal ID card is required on the day of travel (driving licence or any other means of id is not sufficient)
- Bring warmer clothes, temperature in the mines is only around 10 degrees Celsius (long sleeves, pants & closed shoes recommended). Bring some extra clothes in your backpack for just in case.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Maximum shoe size is EU 49.
- Minimum height is 150 cm.
- Food not included, guest can bring their own snacks if they like.
- Adult price applies for all guests
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
The tour was a wonderful experience from Bled. The place is about 90 kms from Bled but the transfer is very comfortable. However, one should not expect a full on Kayaking experience. It could be more appropriately termed as a Mine exploring experience with using Kayaks for exploring a certain water filled section. The entire trip takes about 8 hours with around 1-1.5 hrs of Kayaking. there is not enough space to row all the time and the hands need to be used from time to time. We were also taken to some beautiful hidden locations after the mine experience. Altogether its a good experience. However, as a suggestion, for the price of the trip, a small meal can be included.
What a fantastic trip from Lake Bled! Mountain passes, genuine mining cart into and out of the mines, kayaking, local food and additional travel info. The kayaking is very easy, more often we were pulling ourselves through the old mine passages. If you are looking for a fun day try this tour!
At first we were in doubt because of the price, but we did it anyway and it was worth every cent!
The mine itself is already very interesting and cool to see. It really looks like it was back in the day, no extra light/electricity and emergency exit signs like you see in most mines now.
Entering with the train is a cool experience, walking the old steps and then seeing the cristal clear groundwater suddenly... wauw! Kayaking there is an unbelievebly unique experience, the darkness, the silence, the clear water and the walls and roofs of the mine towering above you... I recommend it to anyone!
The driver and guide were really nice, they told us lots of tales and intersting things about Slovenia and the mine in fluent English.
They pick you up right at your doorstep wether it is a hotel, hostel or camping and in our case, we could bring our backpacks along as we wanted to be dropped of at another spot. This was no problem at all of course they can't do it for all 7 people in a mini van.
The road to the mine has some nice scenery and on the way back, they take a different, more beautiful road on purpose to show you more pitoresque spots of Slovenia. Eventually we ended up staying in one of those spots we had our backpacks anyway and the driver dropped us of on a camping nearby.
Conclusion: awesome experience, great and helpful people, great organization. Just do it!
On a side note: if the weather is bad and you don't know what to do, do this! The weather is aaaalways the same under the ground. It's a perfect activity for a rainy day as well.
Wir hatten einen extrem spannenden Urlaubstag. Der gut gelaunte Fahrer hat uns pünktlich abgeholt und sicher zur Mine gebracht. Was ab dann passierte, ist unbeschreiblich, man muss es einfach erlebt haben, deshalb werden wir hier keine Details verraten ;-) Volle Punktzahl für das ganze Team. DANKE
It was a very unique Slovenian experience! We had an absolute blast from start to finish. Kayaking through old mine tunnels and then exploring the surrounding areas was a perfect combination. Our host was amazing, his knowledge, passion and enthusiasm was spot on. I highly recommend!