Full-Day Hike and Bike Tour in Mae Sa Valley from Chiang Mai
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mae Sa Orchid Farm, Chiang Mai Thailand
Take a 2,5 hours guided trek through scenic jungle, with stop at a small waterfall. Then transfer for a succulent Thai meal at a local restaurant. Afternoon, go on a cycling exploration of the Mae Sa valley, through a 20km loop, with various stops.
Pick-up is between 08.30 to 08.50, depending of your hotel location, number of participants and traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Participants must be reasonably fit and in good physical condition
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for hiking and biking
- Timings mentioned are estimations only and some factors cannot be controlled (e.g. traffic conditions). Routes used can vary according to the season; our guides do their best to let you discover the most scenic places in the area.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
The day tour was really beautiful. The hike was moderately easy and we had a snack at a waterfall with a wonderful view.
The second part of the tour took us biking through villages and our guide Koi was teaching us the names of the local fruit trees. He pointed out to us the spice trees that locals plant around their houses to make tomyam kung. Very educational.
We had lunch at a beautiful restaurant surrounded by paddy fields which served delicious food.
We had a great day seeing the beautiful country side under the guidance and care of our wonderful guide, Koi.
An excellent program beginning with a timely pick up I. A comfortable vehicle, ample water, snacks, rest breaks and lunch. Tour guide, Para, was friendly, knowledgeable, spoke adequate English, and had great enthusiasm as did the photographer Sara. The hiking was pleasantly challenging with good variety of high farms, mountain, and jungle. The bike ride was also pleasant though not nearly as physical. The rice fields and rural roadways were safe and very easy going. In all a v ry nice days experience.
It was as described in the tour brief, except we took longer, 3 hours for the hike and 3 for the biking. It is not actually mostly downhill, in fact only some parts are downhill for a stretch. Very beautiful, but I must say not really for beginners - proper hiking shoes are needed as the mountain can be extremely slippery if muddy. The guide is very knowledgeable and helpful, and the view alone is worth every cent.
Great tour with very enthusiastic guide. Both the hinking and the biking was interesting.