Half-Day Private Sightseeing Tour of Bucharest and its Surroundings Package
Discover the history of the Romanians from the time of the Roman Empire, Middle Ages and Vlad the Impaler and walk your way through Monarchy and...
Discover the history of the Romanians from the time of the Roman Empire, Middle Ages and Vlad the Impaler and walk your way through Monarchy and the dark communist times of recent history.
Drive by sites like: Romanian Arch of Triumph, House of Free Press, Kiseleff Avenue with beautiful French style villas, Embassy Row, Romanian Peasant's Museum, Victory Square, Officer's Club, Cismigiu Garden, Medical School, Opera Square, Fountains Avenue and Military Academy.
Next, you will see the open air Village Museum which will provide you with a unique experience and will give you a glimpse in the life of the Romanian peasants from more than 100 years ago. This museum is particularly impressive because all the houses were taken from their original locations and rebuilt here in Bucharest almost one century ago.
In the afternoon, you will leave crowded Bucharest behind and visit Mogosoaia Palace. Imagine that one of the wealthiest families in Romania managed to spend almost all their fortune in order to restore this wonderful place. Take a trip back in time to a more elegant era and find all the secrets of this place together with your guide.
From here you will head north from the city to see a place surrounded in myth and history. The Snagov Monastery is the supposed burial place of a famous Romanian ruler: Vlad the Impaler, also known as Dracula. The monastery is on a small island in the middle of a beautiful lake.
Pickup possible from centrally located hotels, hostels, or apartments in Bucharest
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Mogosoaia Palace is closed on Mondays. In this case the visit will still be done but only from the outside
- Time spent in the car approximately 3 hours including the city tour
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- After the tour you can choose to return to your hotel/hostel/apartment or be dropped off at any location of your choice within the city
- This tour includes about 1.5 miles of walking in total, all on flat and even surfaces
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Beautiful Bucharest. Excellent tour guide. Thank you
Wish we could've went into the Parliament building but overall great tour.