Private Walking Tour of Wroclaw
This is what you can see on a the tour:
• Ostrów Tumski(Cathedral Island) – This former island is the oldest part of the city. This area is famous for its Gothic churches and numerous historic monuments. Evenings here are especially charming due to the gas lampposts still lit and extinguished by a lamp lighter.
• St. John the Baptist Cathedral: one of the towers features an elevator that brings visitors up to an observation deck.
• Collegiate church of the Holy Cross
• Wyspa Piaskowa (Sand Island)
• University Library on the sand, houses the largest collection of historic printed material in Poland. The Church of The Blessed Virgin Mary on the river embankment from where you can admire a panoramic view of Ostow Tumski and the Ossolineum building.
• Market Hall
• Romanesque house
• Nankier Square
• The Ossolineum
• The University of Wrocław. The main headquarters of the University is the largest Baroque edifice in Wrocław. It features the University museum, the stunningly beautiful Baroque Leopold Hall, the Oratorium Marianum (currently a music hall), as well as the astronomical observatory, which houses exhibits. The mathematical tower deck is open to visitors, and boasts a spectacular panoramic view of the city.
• The Church of the Most Holy Name of Jesus (University church), one of the most beautiful Baroque churches in central Europe is located right next door.
• The Old Butchers’ stalls
• St. Elisabeth’s church
• The Main Market Square
• The Salt Market Square
• The Town Hall
We meet tourists at all hotels in center of Wroclaw
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is a private tour, so guide will customize it to your itinerary and suggestions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
My wife and I had the best experience today because our guide knows a lot of the history of Wroclaw and it was pretty much fun taking the tour with Damian, we are very satisfied and happy.