Wine Tasting Tour in Rome around Rione Monti
3 hr, 30 min
• Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli 4/a, 00184 Rome Italy
• Chiesa di Santa Maria ai Monti, Via della Madonna Dei Monti 41, 00184 Rome Italy
• Scalinata dei Borgia, Piazza di San Francesco di Paola, 3371, 00184 Rome Italy
• Raphael Tours in Rome, 00165 Rome Italy
• Samples of Montanara - Try 2 different types of local wine combined with samples of the most famous Neapolitan fried pizza, the real "Montanara".
• Platter of cured meat and cheese - Sample the finest slices of cured meat from Norcia with local cheese all paired with local wine.
• Wine and appertizers - Try other 2 types of different wine paired with several local appetizers.
• Grappa and dessert - Try one the Italians most famous liquor, Grappa, paired with a delicious dessert made with wine.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual;
- Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point is NOT INCLUDED in the price. Taxi or buses are a convenient option;
- Near public transportation
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change;
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if advised in advance. Please note this in the "special requirements" field on booking;
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour does not accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan participants;
- The tour takes place rain or shine.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
If you would like to dip into Rome's food and wine culture - this tour offers a best in class local experience. Our guide Francesca took us to multiple awesome venues away from the popular tourist routes. We tasted selected meats, cheese and local specialties paired with fantastic wine. She asked our preference for white or red in the beginning to ensure we have more tastings of the kind we preferred. We tasted various wines that were appreciated by the Italians but are not necessarily common outside Italy. She also shared plenty of information about the history of the town and of the particular quarters where the tour took place. As we walked, we covered the important sites but also had very nice and informative casual conversations about Italy's contemporary lifestyle, culture, politics, issues. Francesca was really engaging and knowledgeable and the time flew very quickly. I strongly recommend this tour as it offers excellent local gourmet experience.
our tour guides were great. We had a very in depth tasting and explanation into regional foods and wines. We got to take this tour with the friends we made in the guides.