2-Hour Private Hiking Tour to Meet History at Braunsberg Mountain from Vienna
Experience the scenic beauty of the Danube river near the Hungarian Gate. This hike with a fantastic view, overlooking Hainburg and Bratislava, also offers insights into a unique natural landscape, the Danube river at the Hungarian gate between the Braunsberg and the Devín. We visit tunnels, a ruin and will climb a replica of a Celtic palisade.
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer a pick-up service for all Vienna hotels, which are located in districts 1 to 12 and can be reached by car if the option is available on the selected tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- 1 Infant seat is available on request if advised at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately! Only if the weather is dangerous for life and limb, we are entitled to choose a different (as equal) tour. If it is not possible to avoid the danger, we will cancel the tour free of charge
- The use of mountain boots is strongly recommended
- In winter time sometimes additional equipment (snow chains, snowshoes) is needed. We will inform you accordingly!
- You have to be free from vertigo and safe over steep terrain (sure footedness)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not possible for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
I cannot say enough good things about this hike/history/outing. Michael has done his best to develop a hike that while a bit on the challenging side, but definitely worth every step up. The trail has some of the most expansive views of the Danube that I've seen, with overlooks into Bratislava and Vienna in the distance. Michael did a great job in setting a pace that we all could comfortably do, not to slow, not too fast. If you are looking for a little time outside of the city, clean air, and quiet time, you can do no better than this hike!