Return Ferry to Stewart Island from Bluff
Foveaux Strait is an interesting stretch of water, home to...
Foveaux Strait is an interesting stretch of water, home to several islands including Dog Island (spot the lighthouse!), Ruapuke Island and the Titi Islands. This is also a popular fishing destination.
Enjoy the complimentary tea and coffee served to you as you relax and enjoy the views.
Ferry crossings operate all year round. Distance covered is 40km (approx. 25 miles). Interpretation handouts and complimentary tea and coffee are available. All vessels are wheelchair accessible.
Both sectors of the return ferry (including date and time) need to be made at the time of booking. The return date can be changed up to 24 hours prior to original departure and is subject to availability.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- The limit is a maximum of two small carry-on pieces of luggage per person. Other luggage (and extra goods by arrangement) are carried in freight boxes, and must be checked in 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time (at additional cost)
- Parking is available at Bluff Visitor Terminal for an additional cost
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Dion and his crew great ambassadors for the ferry service. Was pretty rough but they were calm and proffessional and gave us a running commentary on islands and history. Fast and efficient service.
One of the highlights of my South Island holiday. We had a lovely smooth crossing the way over, then did the villages and bays coach trip, which was very worthwhile. Then had a drink in the pub and fish and chips from the Kai cart
Very comfortable and fast,great way to get to and from Stewart island, comfortable seating and good baggage handling
The boat departed on time on both occasions. The staff were friendly and helpful and concerned for the well-being of passengers. The return journey was much smoother than the outward journey.
The crew were very helpful with helping me on and off the boat. Lovely sailing both ways. Would definitely stay on Stewart Is next time. Had a great birthday long weekend. Thanks.