Traditional Whale Watching Tour from Húsavík
Experience the real Gentle Giants of Húsavík – the Whale Watching Capital of Europe. Welcome aboard a traditional Icelandic oak boat for a 3-hour fully guided adventure in search of the mammals of the ocean. Your chances of seeing whales are up to 97-99%.
• Gentle Giants Whale Watching, Harbour Side, Husavik 640 Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please bring warm and waterproof clothing
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- If no whales (dolphins included) are seen on the tour, passengers can get a voucher to join another traditional whale watching tour free of charge, depending on availability
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
We had the absolute best time on the trail ride to a picturesque waterfall!! our tour guide was very kind and knowledgable about the horses and Iceland. would definitely recommend this experience to all my family and friends :)
We did see a whale, the same whale a few times, from a distance, as our converted fishing boat was too slow to keep up with the ribs, that rushed to the sight of the whale, which then seemed to take a few deep breaths and dive again as soon as possible, before becoming too traumatised by aforementioned ribs! We have been on whale watching trips before and all of the boats took great care to remain behind the whale and out of it's sight so as not to upset it. Here it was a mad dash to the whale by all, and the poor whale understasndably dived as soon as it possibly could.
Our tour was canceled due to very bad weather extremely windy and rainy. Luckily, it was the last tour in that day and we got the first morning next day tour instead. The weather on the morning was great. Blue sky.
As promised, we saw whales. I took dozens of photos of them. Great experience.
Great tour with lots of helpful information. Plenty of whales to see!
It was really amazing! We saw humpback, minke and porpoise wales!
Unfortunately at this time the sea was rough so passengers should be seaworthy.
The crew were very freindly and report us many things about the wales.