Postojna cave and Predjama castle Tour from Ljubljana
1. You will be picked up in agreed location in Ljubljana.
2. First stop is Postojna cave: Postojna Cave is an impressive cave with global recognisability that has already reached 38 milion visitors in 200 years since it was opened to the public. A wonder happend when the Pivka river threaded its way in underground world and create firstly a cave and later a breathtaking interior with a fantastic web of tunnels, galleries, halls and passages. A picturesque karst phenomena created also an unique natural creations as stalactite, stalagmite, curtains, petrified waterfalls and cave pearls. One of the endless wonders in the cave is also so called »human fish« or »proteus« - a blind animal most notable for its adaptations to a life of complete darkness in its underground habitat.
3. Second stop is Predjama castle: Predjama castle, one of the most picturesque Renaissance castles from 16th century is build on a 123-meter high cliff and has a connection with a mysterious cave system underneath the castle. The dramtic, unconquerable, majestic and mysterious castle is also written in Guinness Book of World Records as the largest cave castle in the world. The interior of castle is today changed into a interesting museum where you can see objects that were found in the castle -chalice, three goblets, cup with a cover, cup, windmill cup, salt cellar and two candlesticks.
4. You will be dropped off in agreed location in Ljubljana.
Pick up places are tailored to your preferences. We will pick you up before your accomodation, or as close to it as possible. If your accommodation is located in the city center, which is closed to traffic, we will direct you to the nearest pick up possible. We will drop you off at the place you where picked up or somewhere else if you'd prefer so.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less