Wailua River and Secret Falls Kayak and Hiking Tour
Kayak up the Wailua River and hike into the rainforest. Guides will point out all the historic points of interest and the movie locations along the way.
• Duke's Kayak Adventures, 3-4684 Kuhio Hwy, Hanamaulu, Kauai, HI 96766-9150
• Wailua River State Park, Highway 56, Wailua, Kauai, HI
• Secret Falls (Uluwehi Falls), Wailua, Kauai, HI
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We depart immediately after check-in so no late arrivals will be permitted
- Not recommended for participants with recent back, knee or ankle injuries
- No open wounds
- Participants must be in good physical condition and able to hike approximately two miles through rocky, muddy and slippery terrain
- Must wear shoes that are secure to your feet. No flip flops.
- Please bring plenty of water.
- Other recommended items to bring: swimsuits, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, snacks, and a towel.
- Ziploc bags should be used for cell phones or cameras that are not waterproof
- No alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with recent knee, ankle or back injuries
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
A really fun trip ! Would recommend highly to anyone of any age ! Our guide Brian was fun and informative and helped us to enjoy the trip even more ! He even took the time to take many pictures of everyone and send us downloads of all...definitely 5 stars !
The trip was amazing. Kayaking was a lot of fun and the hike to the waterfall was excellent. The waterfall will not disappoint. Our tour guide Brian was informative with a great sense of humor and made the trip even more memorable.
My husband and I enjoyed an adventure-filled day of paddling and hiking with Duke’s kayak tours, paddling 4 miles (total) on the Wailua River, then hiking a 3 mile loop to the Hidden Falls and back to our kayaks. We got to splash in the pool of cold water beneath the falls and meet our guide’s many forest friends, and hear lots of legends and stories. Brian was a blast! My only complaint is that we booked the tour through Viator, and found out we paid $20 more per person than others who simply picked up a brochure at the airport and called the number. For the same tour, this didn’t seem reasonable. Next time we’ll do our homework, and not simply through an online agent.
We had Brian as our guide and he was entertaining, energetic and informative throughout. He was like a real life Disney Princess - singing songs and had many feathered friends!! Definitely recommend.
Brian was charming, funny, musical, and knowledgable. We thoroughly enjoyed our kayak and secret waterfall experience! If Brian hadn’t suggested and explained, I would not have gone behind the falls. He also took videos! Mahalo!