One day private tour from Sofia to Glozhene Monastery and Saeva dupka cave
Acoustics in one of the halls is remarkable, so many concerts have been performed here.
We continue to the Glozhene Monastery where we will have lunch. The monastery is located about 17 km from the village of Glozhene, from where comes its name. It is believed that in the 13th century the Kiev prince Gloj, who received the region as a gift from Tsar Ivan Asen II, built in the area the monastery of St. Preobrazhenie and a small fortress. The monastery consists of a church and residential buildings. They make a round yard around the church. It is set on a high stone terrace and is surrounded by steep rocks that give it the appearance of a monastery-castle. The monastery offers a unique panoramic view of northern Bulgaria. We will spend some time in the area and then we will set back to Sofia and your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less