Moorea Three Coconuts Trail Guided Hike
Follow your guide along a path that leads you through forests filled with ferns and towering Tahitian Chestnut trees, before climbing steadily to a pass. Along the way, your guide points out plants...
Follow your guide along a path that leads you through forests filled with ferns and towering Tahitian Chestnut trees, before climbing steadily to a pass. Along the way, your guide points out plants that Polynesians traditionally use for fishing, cooking, and making tapa cloth. You also learn to identify a range of bird calls and where to look for bird nests.
When you reach the foot of Mt Mou’a Roa, take in the sight of the ancient volcano's caldera and gaze at the distant peaks of Mt Rotui, Mt Tohiea and Mt Mou’a Puta. Rising dramatically from the waters of Cook's Bay, the steep jagged peaks of Mt Mouaputa are a photographer's dream. According to local legends, the hole in the middle of its peak was the result of a spear hurled by a powerful deity.
Once you have had some time to admire the stunning views and take photos, return along the same trail, stopping for a refreshing dip at a waterfall. After about three hours of walking at a relaxed pace, rejoin your vehicle for the ride back to your hotel, where your 4-hour tour ends.
Please note that for tours/transfers on Mondays and Week-End days, bookings must be made at the latest 72hours before.
If not, the tour/transfer may not be available due to process delay.
Please note that the departure of this activity is scheduled at 08:00 a.m. Consequently, Cruise ship dock pick-up will not be possible. Please refer to the pick up location before booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please brings closed-toe shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
- Please bring drinking water
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- Minimum of 2 people required for the tour to proceed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Very helpful and friendly guide. It was raining on our hike, so it was very slippery. The hike we took had some very steep segments, and both my wife and I are very physically fit. So I would recommend that elderly people think twice before taking this hike.
However, it was nice to see the ancient Polynesian Temples.
The views and the hike through the jungle were nice.
The hike is definitely not too hard for someone who is in good physical health and the views on the top are spectacular. The guide Michel is very knowledgeable and gave us much information about the vegetation and the area and it is indeed beautiful. My only complaint was the website is a bit deceptive claiming there is a waterfall when in fact there is none but only a tiny creek with barely a trickle of water flowing down barely enough to wet your toes.
This was a great hike which took us up a mountain to 1000m. Our guide was great but would have liked a little more information while taking the height. Unfortunately we were not able to take a dip in a waterfall due to a rainstorm the day we had our hike. It was definitely more challenging then what the description suggested. For my husband, my sister and I we had no problem but our dad who is 74 had a little more difficulty with the steep terrain near the top of the mountain. However, the views from the top were spectacular. It was a great way to spend the morning and get in a little exercise.
We had a great guide and really enjoyed walking through the jungle and streams and great lookouts. Unlless it's been really dry don't take nice shoes because they will get dirty.
An awesome hike, with a guide who is very passionate and knowledgable about his surroundings. The hike was well paced, and had plenty of rest breaks, as needed. The view points of the entire Moorea caldera are quite spectacular. For those who are more adventurous there is an even better view point overlooking a 250-300 ft cliff. Overall an excellent hike.