Rapa Nui Stargazing
4 hr, 30 min
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Anakena Beach, Easter Island Chile
We start at our office located on the main street (Atamu Tekena) at 20:00 during summer and at 19:30 for winter.
We have special access to Ahu Nau at night, this is our last stop. Before driving to Anakena, we set up our observation site at a remote site. Hot beverage and local cake included
Duration: 40 minutes
Return DetailsAtamu Tekena, Hanga Roa, Isla de Pascua, Valparaíso, Chile
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Start time from Sept to April 20:30 at our office (Atamu Tekena - main street in downtown Hanga Roa, near Kari Kari)
- No refunds after the tour starts. If weather changes while out on the tour we will try to take you out again free of charge on another night (subject to availability).
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled completely due to poor weather, you will be notified before the tour and you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Very good tour, lots of history of Easter Island and how they used the stars. Excellent skies. Photo session at the end was a bit long.
We were brought out to an isolated spot to see the stars which was nice but the guide explained them on a small iPad screen that many of us could not even see or read. We were then able to get a picture at Anakena beach and it was a very confusing process with trying to get our emails written down for them to send to us, a little unorganized. Although it was cloudy, we were able to still see the Milky Way, which was my favorite part.
This trip is expensive but well worth every penny!! We had a small group, around 8 of us, and we traveled to a spot with no light and enjoyed the stars. There were 3 people from the company who were very knowledgeable and taught us a ton on the stars and how the Rapa Nui people used the stars to navigate. We saw Jupiter, Saturn, the moon, milky way, and more... highly recommend