Best of the West Tour of Curacao
Next stop is Shete Boka...
Next stop is Shete Boka National Park to visit the famous Boka Tabla cave, which is connected underground to the ocean. From here, travel further West and get ready for a swim and snorkel at one of Curacao's unique cove beaches. There is the possibility of spotting sea turtles. At this beach, have a picnic lunch and enjoy some free time to relax on the beach.
A visit to a local historical plantation house completes the tour of the hilly green West side of Curacao. You will return to your hotel or ship in time for cocktails at the pool.
|Monday - Sunday:||08:30 AM - 09:00 AM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Tour departs from eastern hotels
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
If you are looking for a great tour that highlights some of the natural features of Curacao this is your tour. Best of the West takes you to interesting places in Curacao's national parks. We got good looks at a number of exotic to us bird and lizard species. We also got to have close encounters with sea turtles while swimming at one of the beaches.
Great tours require great tour guides. We had one on this trip. Hetty has spent a long time on the island and is well versed in its history, flora and fauna. She maintained a relaxed pace on the trip, yet got us all to where we needed to be when we needed to be there. She made participants feel comfortable so that everyone on the trip was willing to don masks and snorkels and swim with the turtles, even those who had not snorkeled before.
My only concern about this tour, and what kept it from a perfect rating, was incorrect information we received ahead of the tour. We were trying to decide whether to wear our swim suits under our clothing and asked the concierge at our hotel the Avila whether there was a changing room at the beach. She said there was, so we packed our suits. There was in fact no changing room and my wife and I had to get into our suits awkwardly behind beach towels on the bus. I'm not sure if the problem was between the tour operator and our hotel, or was purely the hotel.
Now we and you, the reader know better. I would still recommend this tour as a great value.
EXCELLENT!!! What a great overview of the island. Heddy was an AMAZING tour guide! So fun and knowledgeable! Small group was nice. AC bus and lunch were great!!! WAY beyond our expectations and a great way to see the real Curacao. Would definitely recommend to people of all ages. We were family of 5, with 2 college age daughters and one teen daughter. The snorkeling was amazing. Right off the beach. LOVED everything about it. Great trip! Thanks!!