Icelandic Sagas and Glacier Cave Private Tour from Reykjavik
Enjoy coastal views with mountains in the backdrop as you drive inland from the coast to...
Enjoy coastal views with mountains in the backdrop as you drive inland from the coast to the highlands.
Make stops at Deildartunguhver hot springs and Hraunfossar waterfalls before stopping in the small town of Husafell.
Located in the highlands region, Husafell is the staging post to the basecamp at the foot of Langjökul glacier. Take time to stretch your legs and enjoy the included lunch buffet.
When the group is finished with lunch, travel up the glacier. Hop aboard a rugged, 8-wheeled ice truck and cruise across the glacier to the ice cave. As an expert guide walks through the led-lighted walls inside the tunnels, listen carefully they explain the glacial exploration and research. See the multipurpose cave room that’s available for weddings, parties, meetings and events, before making your way out of the caves to the outside world.
Visit the Long Glacier, the second-largest glacier in Iceland and Thorisjokull, named after the ogre Thorir, before heading back to Reykjavik.
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area. Please enter your requested pick-up point in special reqests when booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, it can get cold in the cave.
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 60 min. during winter
- Ice tunnel tour with guide for about an hour.
- The glacier part of the tour is around 4-hours during winter and 2.5 hours during summer.
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, due to conditions on the glacier
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Excellent tour and guide. All stops were impressive and I highly recommend the tour.
Fredirik was an amazing tour guide! We loved him. Lots of information about the surrounding area. Would hire him again in a heart beat. He was great with my two kids and never rushed us to get to places.
The glacier is AMAZING! You have to see this! Make sure you have warm clothing, coats, hats gloves, etc. Sneakers are not the best here. Hiking boots are better. They do have boots and snowsuits you can use if you don't have any.