Yukon Dog Sledding Adventure
4 hr, 30 min
From the ship, or shop, We begin our tour up the South Klondike Highway. Rising from sea level to 3300ft in elevation, up over the White Pass Summit and into the sub arctic alpine tundra of the Tormented Valley and into Canada. We stop at several breathtaking...
From the ship, or shop, We begin our tour up the South Klondike Highway. Rising from sea level to 3300ft in elevation, up over the White Pass Summit and into the sub arctic alpine tundra of the Tormented Valley and into Canada. We stop at several breathtaking scenic view points along the way for spectacular photo opportunities and to look for wildlife.
Next, join Iditarod Musher Michelle Phillips at her stunning musher’s camp near Tutshi Lake. Enjoy a 1.6 mile dog ride where you will meet real Alaskan Huskies who take part in the world famous Iditarod and Yukon Quest. Visit with adorable husky puppies and enjoy some puppy play time while you learn about what it takes to race the Iditarod.
After musher’s camp, stop for a great photo opportunity at the "Welcome to the Yukon" sign on the Edge of stunning Tutshi Lake.
There are so many scenic look outs to stop and take photos, your camera will be full of amazing memories by the time you return to Skagway.
A tour into the Yukon gives you great opportunities to look for wildlife grazing on the road side. Keep an eye out for Black Bear, Grizzly Bears, Caribou, Moose, Lynx, Rabbits and Sheep on this incredible tour into Canada and back.
Please note, the dog sledding is done on dirt not snow. Northern Summers are actually quite warm. Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, however, our guides do their best to point them out whenever they see them so you can enjoy the experience!
• See the stunning White Pass Valley
• Explore British Columbia and the Yukon Territory
• Visit the iconic “Welcome to Alaska” Sign
• Play with Alaskan Husky Puppies
• Enjoy a Dog Mushing Experience
• Breath taking views and stunning photo opportunities
• Visit the iconic “Welcome to the Yukon” Sign
• Learn about the Iditarod and Yukon Quest from a born and raised Yukon woman who has competed in both races.
• Did we mention the adorable husky puppies?
Please make sure you arrive 20 minutes early and have your ticket and PASSPORT.
- Rail Road Dock
- Ore Dock
- Broadway Dock
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel. Guests who do not have their passports present at the time of departure will not be allowed on the tour and are not entitled to a refund
- A small amount of walking is involved over uneven surfaces
- Must be able to climb in and out of the tour vehicle without much difficulty
- Not wheelchair accessible (Collapsible wheelchairs may be able to be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark and the tour operators have been given adequate notification) The tour is collapsible wheelchair accessible however, be prepared for uneven, natural surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or for those using a collapsible wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Guests must arrive at the meeting locations 20 minutes prior to departure. Any guests who are late or miss their departure time may will be considered a "No-Show" and will not be entitled to a refund. Please be punctual.
- Long pants, close-toed shoes, Windbreaker or Raincoat and Sunglasses
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
even though we went in the summer and there was no snow, we still got to go "sledding" It was great!!!
This was a nice excursion because it allowed a little sight seeing in addition to the visit to the dog sledding place. The only thing that would have improved the trip would have been a more formal presentation to the group by a musher. Although our guide was great, overall, the visit lacked structure, which made it seem a little less professional than other similar options.
Great experience! The puppies were adorable, all the dogs were friendly and the ride was AWESOME! The musher camp is amazing and the dog sledding presentation was very informative. Our tour guide Mikey was awesome. Mikey was very down to earth, knowledgeable of the area and the musher camp. He gave great insight into life in Skagway, and shared interesting stories about his time in Skagway that kept everyone engaged and entertained.
The bus travel time to arrive at the destination was a bit long, but the scenery was beautiful. We stopped at various photo points along the way and got to stretch and take photos. The dog camp was fascinating. We got to play with puppies (3 litters / different ages). The presentation was very informative, but difficult to hear at times because other dog teams were getting harnessed up (they barked incessantly when being prepped to take other groups on their rides.
The ride was exciting (if you can grab the front seat in the car, do it!). I'm not sure, however, if people in the back could hear the driver when we were riding.
Loved every minute of our visit to the musher's camp!
We enjoyed this excursion so much. Our tour guide was great, friendly, and had some great fun facts about the area. The puppies were beyond cute, but was so impressed with the dog and summer "ride"- Michelle and crew are so great to open up their little piece of paradise for others to see their passion at work!