Asa Wright Nature Centre Guided Tour from Port of Spain
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Asa Wright Nature Centre, Blanchisseuse Rd Arima Trinidad
At the Nature Centre, guests will observe from the open veranda some of the flora and fauna before you even start your nature walk. On the trails, you will view specific birds, plants, and trees that your guide will point out to you.
Duration: 3 hours
We pick-up from anywhere in Port of Spain but please contact us to verify. For pick-ups outside of Port of Spain, please contact us as additional fees will apply. Piarco International Airport is not in Port of Spain.
- Piarco Airport, Port of Spain Trinidad
- Port of Spain Cruise Ship Complex
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under as there is a lot of walking on rough terrain
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Insect repellent is strongly recommended
- Foldable wheelchairs can be accommodated up to the veranda part of the tour and not on the nature trails. Persons in wheelchairs must be accompanied by someone to assist.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
The Asa Wright Center is very nice. The veranda at the center allows you to enjoy a nice sandwich after the trail with birds coming very close to you. It is the perfect spot to see all kinds of birds and take nice pictures.
Errol, our driver to and from the Asa Wright Center was not a driver. He was a living encyclopedia about Trinidad and Tobago. The 3 hours with him in the car were amazing as we learnt so much about the island.
I highly recommend the tour, especially if you can get Errol as a guide.
This place was just beautiful. I saw more hummingbirds Up Close and personal. the hike was not too bad and the views are magnificent.
Errol, our guide , was an excellent, well informed person. He made this a wonderful day in-spite of rain. At the Asa Wright center we had a great guide on a into the rain forest but the rain eventually made us all turn back. That was okay because we could continue to watch hundreds of birds from the deck at the facility. There were beautiful hummingbird and many, many other tropical beauties. We had a delightful lunch made by the staff. Don't miss this tour. It's remarkable.
Wonderful experience. Arrow, who drove us ro the site is a living encyclopedia!
Guided tour was not the one which was very exiting. But after that, we had lunch at the balcony (we chose to have lunch not in the restaurante area) and could enjoy watching hummingbirds, lizards, etc. coming to the feeding plates in front of the balcony. Our guide who took us up to the center was imformative and made the tour very flexible. We did other tours with him!