Key West Day Trip from Miami with Optional Activites
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Seven Mile Bridge, Mile Marker 47 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050
Seven Mile Bridge
Stop At: Mallory Square, 400 Wall St, Key West, FL 33040-6633
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Southernmost Point, Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040
Southernmost Point in Continental US
Duration: 20 minutes
Gray Line Miami Offers pickups at over 200 hotels in the Miami Beach and Downtown Miami areas, if your hotel is not listed please enter it manually and call us to confirm pickup time
Hotel Pickups are outside by the main entrance
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travel from Miami to Key West is by bus
- The Glass Bottom Boat is subject to favorable weather conditions and may be canceled in the event of inclement weather
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infants between the ages of 0 - 3 are Free but must sit on parents lap
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Policy- All passengers over 8 years old will be required to wear face masks when inside the buses and indoor any facility (such as gift shops, cafeterias, etc). Hand Sanitizer stations will be provided onboard the buses and on the parks, museums We will operate at 50% capacity, same as parks and museums. Staff will put forth extra efforts to clean, sanitize, and encourage social distancing among visitors and buses will be cleaned between each tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
I booked this trip as something fun to do the day before we left for a cruise. I should have know how the day was going to go from the moment the bus picked us up. Initially, the tour was overbooked. My husband and I were able to get a seat so I let that slide. I had read the reviews online ahead of time so I knew we would be stopping for breakfast and it would be a quick stop. We stopped in Key Largo. It was great. The restaurant was efficient and everyone was able to get something to eat. We were 25 miles outside of Key West when the bus broke down. I understand that things happened so I wasn't upset and I don't think anyone else on the bus was either. Our time in Key West was going to be extended from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and a bus was coming from Key West to pick us up. We waited about 45 minutes and got back on the road. Our time in Key West was great. Around 7 p.m. we headed to the meeting site only to find there was no bus. We were told the bus broke down again and they were unable to fix it and another bus was on its way from Miami - come back at 10 p.m. Again, I understand things happened so I took it in stride. It was a Saturday night and the town was overflowing with live music and other fun stuff to do. My husband and I went back out to listen to live music. My only mistake was not bring warmer clothes. Because I thought we were leaving at 5 p.m. I didn't bring pants and was still wearing sandals. I was cold but again my own fault. Now it is almost 10 p.m. so we head back to the meeting site only to see all of our bus mates standing around and no bus. Our tour guide Lily was informative and sympathetic up to this point. I felt bad for her because she was getting a lot of complaints and it wasn't really her fault. This is where Lily lost me - we were told to be at the meeting site at 10 p.m. Everyone was there except for Lily. All of us sat around wondering if we were going to be stranded in Key West. No one could get a hold of the bus company. Around 10:30 p.m. Lily shows up. I understand that she didn't want to get yelled at but that is too bad. She is the rep. for the company. She should have been there at 10 p.m. to give us an update. Everyone was cold and tired and now super pissed. How do you now show up to reassure all these people. Shame on Lily. The bus showed up around 10:45 p.m. Since we were the last picked up, we were the first dropped off. We were dropped off at 3:00 a.m. We were picked up that morning around 8:00 a.m. (the bus was late. We were suppose to be picked up at 7:30 a.m.). Some on our us had to go back to Ft. Lauderdale. They had been gone since 6:00 a.m.
Lily is amazing!!! Jason and fam from the UK. We loved the jet ski. The weather was so good. The food was good too.
Key West is i sweet lovely town absolutly worth a visit.
However the travel arrangenment was soooo baaad. We want the money back.
1. I provided the agent with hotel adress- got no confirmation - had to make local calls the day before.
2. The bus pickup is late . When trying to reach the travel agent there is ont an answering machine and minigym returned my calls.
3. The bus finally turned up- late- and had several more pick ups whereof double bookings so some people had to get off their booked seats.
4. Finally on our way - the bus breaks down. A new bus picks us up but we are by now 2-3 h behond schedule.
5. The return bus is therefore pushed 1h to 7pm. We had to reshedule evening plans in Miami. Done.
6. Time to go home -but no bus! It has broken down again. A new bus will pick us up at 10 pm. We had to cancel all evening plans in Miami.
7. Finally 10pm but still no bus. The guide just stalls and says noting is her fault and cant say how ling it will take for the bys to get there - even if she id constantly communicating with him. She hides and eventuellt starts crying.
8. The bus shows up and 11:15. Super cold and temperaturen cannot not be adjusted. Guide sais it is nit her fault again but she is trying. Evidently she us nit bevakar when asking the driver it is supposed to be this cold due to health issues regulated by law.
9. After a superlong drop off of people we arrive at our hotel at 3:30 am. The whole day after desrtoyed.
I will never ever use Viator again and will tell my friends to do the same. I also demand my money back.
Horrible I demand my money back and dinner reimbursed due to use arriving only at3 am the next morning
Key West is a nice place to visit for one day. On the ride to Key West one enjoys nice views of all the keys (5x).
Host Lilly was more interested in selling tours than actaully giving advise whre to go (2×).
Despite being on route, no hotek pick ip available. Uber was needed to get to the pick up point. I therefore decided to get off at the first drop off point. This seemed to irritate the host. (2×)
Total score thus 3 stars. (5+2+2)/3