SuperSaver: Small Group Silfra Snorkeling and Lava Caving Adventure from Reykjavik
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Raufarholshellir, Route 39, Hveragerdi Iceland
Explore the magical wonders of Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Explore Thingvellir National Park, the UNESCO world heritage site.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Silfra, Thingvellir Iceland
Snorkel in the magnificent Silfra fissure
Duration: 45 minutes
Pick up is offered from selected Reykjavik pick up points.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour is a small group experience tour limited to 12 participants per guide
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- It is recommended to bring warm outdoor clothing, packed lunch, thermal underwear, a change of clothing, towel, gloves, hat and good hiking shoes
- Please note that the order of the itinerary can be altered by the operator if deemed necessary.
- Wear glasses?: Since you'll be wearing snorkeling goggles to see underwater there can be nothing in the way of the seal therefore you cannot wear glasses underneath the goggles.In this case, contact lenses or your own prescription goggles are recommended.
- Requirements: Must be 12 years or older. Guardian´s approval needed for minors under 18. Weight limit: 45-120kg. Height limit: 150cm – 200cm. Must be able to swim.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
This tour was our favorite. Hiking in The cave was a lot of fun and very interesting. The Snorkerling was the best. We were all a little nervous about Snorkerling in near freezing water but it was fine. The views were incredible! It’s the clearest water ever and you can drink it. I highly recommend this for the adventurous family!!
Kevin was our guide and he was amazing!!! Assured us if our safety, gave through instructions, made you feel safe and came to get me when the windy water became rough. This excursion was one not to miss even though the suit was super restrictive and tight around the neck but I guess it’s supposed to be that way, they doubled checked mine. Great adventure
We enjoyed Jonas and Apollo's tour of the lava cave where we learned quite a lot about lava, and did some good exercise crawling through the caves. The snorkeling trip was really well organized and an excellent experience to have!
This was a much cooler experience than I expected. Lava caving you actually climb around in underground tunnels and get dirty. You experience complete darkness and sensory deprivation and get to learn a TON about volcanic activity and the formation of the tunnels. The guides were both incredibly cool and extremely knowledgable.Silfra was cold. No other way to put it. But that was by far the clearest water I've ever seen in my life. The instructors were super funny and pretty awesome people. There isn't life under there which is a bit unfortunate, but it was still an experience worth doing.
We had a great day!! Our guides, Mikka, Becca and Lena were all terrific. Taz, the woman who prepared and accompanied us snorkeling could not have been any nicer and prepared us well for the adventure we were about to undertake. Our group of six adults (my wife and I and our daughter and son and their spouses) all had a terrific time and felt it was a once in a lifetime experience!!!